What do we collect and why?
We collect the following information relating to the provision of our service:
- Your name, address and e-mail saved on a database.
This is private information we do not ordinarily pass onto third parties, but is used by us to provide our service to you.
- A profile of your likes and dislikes and some (optional) geographic information.
Information of this type is public and is used by other site users to search profiles and get a picture of the poeple they are interested in.
- A log of your IP address.
A security feature which can identify you and which may be used should you be involved in any abusive activity, and which may be passed on to your ISP or any other authority at our discretion.
- Details of payments made through our payment partners Paypal, Go Cardless and WorldPay. We do not hold your credit card or bank details, our partners provide this service to us.
- A “session” cookie. These hold no personal data and are used purely for managing your log in and log out. They remain on your system during your use of the service, and are then deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- “Remember Me” log in cookie. A small cookie again holding no personal information that is used to automatically log you in to your account when you access the site. This is a persistent cookie that remains after you close the browser. You can remove the cookie by logging out of the system. It is recommended that you do not use the “Remember Me” feature on publicly accessible computers.
- A data analysis cookie. This sends data to an external analytics service to help us understand where new users come from and what parts of the site are used. No personal information is sent to this service, and this service does not use this data for their own use. It is only accessible by us for our internal purposes. It is an external service but not accessed by a third party. The analysis provided is aggregated to provide statistics of our website users in general and does not include data harvested from elsewhere.
How is this information used?
All of the information we collect is used to:
- provide the website service to you
- allow you to interract with us and other site users.
- improve the website service.
- assist you should an abuse or violation occur. In extreme cases this may necessitate passing information to relevant authorities.
- to preserve the integrity of this website and the service we offer.
Security and Legal Obligations.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your information and only collect that which is necessary. Please refer to out terms and conditions for further information on our legal obligations to you and your obligations to us in this regard.